Argo Nepal Social Org. is a non governemental organization, established in 2065/12/19 (April 2009) under registration No: 967 of Kathmandu District Administration and Social Welfare Council affiliation No:27138. This organization’s main office is located at Samakhusi-29, Kathmandu.
Since the founding of this organization its main goal is providing support in the educational sector. To meet our goal we expect kind support from national and foreign friends and relations. We want thank the Dutch founder Mr. Michel Derksen and other friends for providing continued support and goodwill to this organization. Main objectives of the organization are:
- Giving support to schools, building toilets, health and drinking waterr supply in the rural area.
- Setting up an adult education program in the rural area.
- Conducting a program to raise awareness against HIV and other related illnesses.
So far the following goals are implemented by us:
- We have provided two computers, one printer, desk/bench and sporting articles to Shree Jana Jagriti Secondary School at Bhanu-8, Tanahun.
- Since last year we are providing a scholarship for two students in Basanta Ritu Secondary School at Ranibari, Kathmandu.
- In April 2010 a toilet bloc was build at the Birendra Primary School. Through our organization the fund has been provided from the founder Mr. Michel Derksen and other friends from The Netherlands.
Adopt a school in Nepal !
Nepal is devided into more then 4000 Village Development Committees (VDC) In each VDC there are at least 4 public schools.( primary/lower secondary/secondary/ secondary plus). Facilties are very basic or do not exist. For example : the total anual budget voor the Shree Vrikturi Lower Secondary school in Gurka is € 7.600. Most public schools have no restrooms at all. At this moment we have given instructions to start the construction of a toilet building at the Shree Saraswati Secondary school in Nuwakot district. This total project is sponsored by VATlogistics in the Netherlands. The inauguration of the building will be in the last week of November. Off course we will keep you updated. Take a regular look at our photogallery.
We also hope to receive enough founds for other projects. We have received requests to build restrooms at two other schools in the Gurka district and a fresh water pump for a mountain school at the Nuwakot district. The net construction cost-price for a restroom building ( 3 toilets) is € 1450 (specification above pdf file) and to install the waterpump is € 1800.
Make a kid happy - Donate a restroom !
ARGO NEPAL SOCIAL ORGANIZATION
EFFICIENCY RATE : 99%